Remember why you started… don’t listen to the monkey on your back telling you that you don’t need to train any more! Sounds easy doesn’t it… just stay motivated! Here are some things that may help you to do it…
- Change your perspective. Shift your thinking from “I can’t” to “How can I?” A wise man once said that the human body is an amazing thing; it’s the mind that lets it down. We’re not suggesting that thinking your way to health and fitness is all it takes, but make sure your head doesn’t convince you not to come to training! We can make up all sorts of creative reasons not to turn up… instead turn that energy to pondering about how to achieve what you want to achieve! Speak to the training team, we are always here to encourage you and keep you on the right track.
- Set a goal. Setting a goal helps us to focus on what we’d like to change and what needs to be done to achieve it. Here are some simple rules for setting good goals. (1) A goal that is important to you will motivate you – understand why you care about your goal. (2) Ensure your goal is SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound). If your goal is “to eat 3 pieces of fruit every day this month” you can easily tell if you have achieved this, versus “I’ll eat more healthily”, which is hard to define and monitor. (3) Write your goal down – seeing it in black and white will help to keep it real. (4) Review your goal frequently to check progress and ensure that it is still relevant. When you have achieved it, it is time to set a new goal. (5) Share your goal – get support from those around Your whole club wants you to succeed! Talk to your trainers about what you want to achieve and let them help you plan how to do it.
- Schedule regular workout times. We recommend at least three classes per week as exercising regularly will ensure that it becomes a good habit. Pick your classes and commit – take away the option to not train. That said, we know there are times when life gets in the way, in which case make sure you make it up!
- Think fun and variety. The reason we have such a range of classes available is to ensure that you have plenty of choice! If you feel like you’re getting in a rut then have a look at what else you could try to attend for a change. Make use of what you have at your disposal, including the great atmosphere of your club!
- Reach out to others for support. The biggest benefit of group training is the group! One of the reasons you’re here is because you don’t want to train in a gym, surrounded by people but on your own nevertheless. Find a buddy, arrange to meet up, invite your friends to class – we don’t have to do this on our own.